What is the Online Portfolio Printing Course about?
Taking your portfolio from digital to print is an essential skill of design including how to get a flow of your work in a book, (this is different to a website and gallery). It teaches you an understanding of colour management and calibration from computer screen to printer as well as the different layout options. We also discuss how the use of a specific paper can change a look and feel of a project.
Your teacher will spend a lot of one-to-one time with each student to select the best images and help them structure the portfolio. You will finish this course with your own professional portfolio that we will post to you 1st class. Our books can be repaginated so can be customised for individual clients.
- Signature artistic & visual style
- Portfolio types
- Structuring a portfolio presentation
- Colour management
- Monitor & inkjet printer calibration
- Print layout in Photoshop
- Overview of inkjet printers & papers
- The inkjet printing process
- Finishing the prints: punching & scoring
To do the course, you’ll need to bring a selection of around 100 final, retouched images from which we will make the final selection.
All materials required, including a portfolio book (A4 & A3) and inkjet prints, are provided as part of the course booking.
A good knowledge of the Photoshop Course syllabus is required
2 Days / 10 Hours
A laptop with webcam and Photoshop CC installed.
You will learn to:
- Put together a professional-grade portfolio book (A4 & A3) of your work (see below regarding materials), ready to be presented professionally
- Have an excellent understanding of how to structure your portfolio, with the right image and layout for the concept chosen
- Produce your own prints on a large-format Giclée inkjet printer
08 November 2021 - 11 November 2021
13 December 2021 - 16 December 2021