October 2020- Rain
Tragically, the news of the Amazon fires has led to this month’s challenge- Smoke/Smokey.
As always this can be interpreted in many ways such as smoke from a fire, a cigarette, smokey make-up, smoke created in a studio environment from still life photography.
You could also create something with a slow shutter speed and intentional movement with your camera creating a smokey ambiance to your image. Photograph at night.
Check out the Inspirations below.
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Helen Jackson
This image has been selected for the initial impact of the colours and the billowing smoke which is secondary to catch the eye but creates interest and questions. This gives many layers to the image including the strong line in the front. Compositionally a strong image.
30 September 2019, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 30 September 2019, 23:59 UK Time.