April 2021- Open Call
This month’s challenge is Dramatic. This can be interpreted in many ways.
This can be sudden or striking. It can be full of action or excitement.
You can use dramatic lighting.
Your subject could be dramatic or use a dramatic theme.
This can work for all genres of photography so lots of possibilities!
Tips and Inspirations:
Cyril Abad America: Relax Everything is fine!
The winner of this Challenge is Michael Spencer
This is such a striking image because we are right in the middle of the action. Mike has created an easy to read flow in this action image. The way he has captured it allows our eyes to move from left to right then brought back into the action by the man half captured on the right. Mike has kept the image clean and easy to read from something that could be complicated the angle and lens he used. We see the facial expressions and the ball. There is good balance with the ceiling and the floor. It works well in black and white. Great Action shot.
Mike’s Comment: ‘The annual Nottingham Varsity series pitches the city’s 2 universities against each other across a number of sports. For this I was sat beneath the hoop and just about managed to not get squashed !’
31 October 2019, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 October 2019, 23:59 UK Time.