April 2021- Open Call
Have you ever had the near to perfect photo right in front of you only to realize you have the wrong lens on? Or that you choose only to bring one lens with you for comfort? or pushing the boundaries.
We have all read what the ideal lens for a portrait is 85mm, or landscape is with a wide angle such as 18-35mm or to get in close we use a macro? Well, what if we switch it up and use a lens that normally isn’t used for that genre of photography and swap it with another. Will we challenge ourselves or get something out of the ordinary?
We think you can do wondrous things.
Picking a genre of photography,
Research what lens is usually used
and then decide to use something else.
We hope you have fun and look forward to see your entries. In the end, it is not the lens but the photographer who maketh the image!
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Kento Miwa
This is an interesting crop using a lens that is narrow.
Without seeing the full picture we are left putting the puzzle together and for each person, this will be different. The choice of subject (the couple with white shoes), the balance of space and the angle all give emphasis on the awkwardness of the outside shoes compared to the directness of the inside shoes. There is added emotion with the tonal quality of the picture. Well done Kento.
31 October 2018, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 October 2018, 23:59 UK Time.