April 2021- Open Call
Time is a technical part of photography but also it can be timing as in the Decisive Moment- when to press the shutter button and also a philosophical term of time.
As photographers, it could be considered that we are trying to immortalize certain life moments, occasions, places or people. We back up or images or print them and make albums, we can use instant cameras, film cameras, digital cameras but time is crucial in all of these. So no matter from which angle you are looking at the concept of time
- Time with shutter speed- long or fast
- The perfect moment
- or philosophically
Consider why this particular image or moment is the most significant to you?
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Giuliana Mongelli
This image has been selected as it is an interesting interpretation of Time. The dreamlike trees encompassing the Army while they walk in sync along the road while a crowd watches from the background. The officer in the front makes this image by the gaze at the photographer and is perfectly positioned underneath the tree branch which leads us down to him. The backlight really works being bright and the image soaked in all the greens. Well done!
31 May 2019, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 May 2019, 23:59 UK Time.