February 2021- Movement
Sitting down and thinking about what you cannot live without is an interesting task to understand more about you and your photography. If you are stuck for ideas or projects you can always go back and resort to something you cannot live without. It can be something as simple as a good old cup of tea like most British cannot live without to the mobile phone to fast internet connection or of course more emotionally based like family, friends or a particular pet. For the most of us we can get trapped in running on auto pilot. Rarely stopping and jotting down, recording what is important to us.
Is this why Instagram and Facebook are so important to us as it is a record and a memory of our personal journeys? It is a Self-expression?
We here at LIoP get to know you a little better by knowing what you cannot live without.
So, take a moment. Think about what drives you. What can you not live without?
To be shot and submitted between 1 – 31 May 2017. Submission deadline is 31 May 2017 23:59 UK Time. The winner will be announced on 4 June 2017 together with the theme of new the challenge
Tips and Inspirations:
The Photographer’s Gallery, London
The Art of Photography by Ted Forbes
History of Photography podcast by Jeff Curto
Ways of Seeing by John Berger (one of the most influential art programmes)
The winner of this Challenge is Diana Buzoianu
This is a fantastic image as we really feel we are in the movement, listening to the music and lost in the shapes.
Technically well done and the tonal quality of the black and white is very good. Diana used a wide angle which also shows of the people sitting and watching, this leaves you with intrigue and questions: Who are the dancers? Is it a dance class? Or a championship?
It is great that we can see the lady’s face in front right.
31 May 2017, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 May 2017, 23:59 UK Time.