April 2021- Open Call
This month’s challenge theme is Juxtaposition. This is an exciting challenge as you need to search for two things being seen or placed close together with a contrasting effect.
Some examples could be:
Nature and Manmade
Calm and Chaos
Despair and Hope
Fact and Fiction
Hot and Cold
Leader and Follower
Summer and Winter
Young and Old
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Kayee Chiu
This beautiful image contrasts the events related to the protests against China’s extradition law. The colours, tone, use of shutter speeded and composite really make this special. The use of the diagonal line of wood and position of the self-portrait convey the idea, which lends a well thought our, beautiful, juxtaposed image in more ways than one.
31 July 2019, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 July 2019, 23:59 UK Time.