August 2020- Nine Elements
It’s January and we are going to make this the month of “Appetite”. Usually, we make a New years resolution in one way or another and this could be seen as an appetite for life . Kind of cheesy but true! or another reason is we have a Masterclass with Sue Atkinson on Food photography. We want to see how you interpret this month’s challenge, whether it is food photography or something more abstract. Good luck!
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Laura Vroomen
Laura’s re-creation of André Kertész’s classic Fork is very refreshing. This image has Surrealism at it’s core. Black and white really works here and use of light is really strong, lighting the lizards face. There is good tonal quality in the image and compositionally strong. There is not necessarily meant to be reason or logic but surrealism is soaked in dreams, surprise, illusions and juxtaopsitions. Well done Laura. Fantastic!
Laura has won a £150 voucher to go towards an LIoP course of her choice. Congratulations.
31 January 2020, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 January 2020, 23:59 UK Time.