September 2020- Surreal
Let’s start the New year with the theme Street Photography. A good quote from the fantastic street photographer Elliott Erwitt is “To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
Street photography is all about telling stories. When you are out photographing, think about what story you are trying to tell– and how your images express a little bit of who you are. It doesn’t have to be just on the street it can be on the beach (lucky people) in a shopping center, at the bus stop, on the train, on the way to work etc.
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Eduardo Boldrini
This is indeed a pigeon explosion and such a strong image because of it. The lady breaking her bread and feeding all the birds is a reference to biblical terms. The black and white really works here as the truck on the left is almost not visible but is a juxtaposition to the overall image of the lady with her walking aide and the bikes on the truck. Well done Eduardo.
31 January 2019, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 January 2019, 23:59 UK Time.