January 2021- Fragile
To describe to wait, it is to stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or event or used to indicate that one is eagerly impatient to do something or for something to happen.
Capture an image of a person, animal or people waiting for something. Waiting in a queue, waiting in traffic, waiting for their morning coffee. There is an expectation and we must feel it! It would be a good idea to do some research on this first and think about how you can compose the image and take it. A fun and intriguing task. We are looking forward to see what you come up with.
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is James Fordham
This image has been selected as it is a superb interpretation of ‘To Wait’. James has composed this image really well. Directly in front of him is uncluttered while capturing this sea of people looking away from the camera, waiting what seems, calmly. We feel we are there. We can’t feel the heat but as James suggests the colour of the lights and colour cast gives this furnace or Purgatory idea. Composition, space, and the few people looking back giving this a forward motion makes it very strong.
28 February 2019, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 28 February 2019, 23:59 UK Time.