November 2020- Lockdown
This Challenge is a frame within a frame. We chose this theme as it is a great way of creating a lead into the photograph. This adds a 3-d feeling in the image. It gives the feeling of depth- A foreground, midground, and background. It also draws attention to the object point of the image. The frame doesn’t always need to be in the foreground and it can be more abstract if you want. As always try to move around your subject and consider which lens you should use and why before taking the image. Check out the tips and inspirations to really get a great image.
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Yefri Ventura
This is a clever image using frame within a frame. It is complicated and could have been overwhelming but the use of lines bordering the image and directions of lights create harmony. The lady on the left is captured at a perfect time but not only has she an intensity in her gaze but this is juxtaposed by the soft flowers. The photographer is in one of the layers along with “ghost-like” people walking and then what looks like a discussion in the background. The strong black and white works here. Congratulations Yefri.
31 December 2018, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 December 2018, 23:59 UK Time.