November 2020- Lockdown
This August Architecture challenge can be really be taken in any direction.
Details, wide angle, particular architecture design, your home; we want to see it all. With these super sunny days in the U.K, we can create hard light or wait till sunrise or sunset to achieve softer light.
Nothing like a blue sky in the background! But wait, you can also create night photography with long exposures or create multiple exposures.
Chose a building you like and walk and look and take the time. Do the research, bring a tripod and a self-timer. Why do you want to take this picture? What do you want your audience to feel?
We look forward to seeing your submissions.
Tips and Inspirations:
The winner of this Challenge is Lisa Shen
Lisa’s image is a beautiful illustration of symmetry. You don’t get much better than this with balance. On an emotional level, it gives a feeling of stillness, space, and reflection. There are many subtle contradictions from long diagonal lines meeting with a point contrasting the softness of the water and the sky, the life shown by the full length of trees compared to a side that is sparse, perhaps reflecting as Lisa comments “the brilliant or bloody”. Excellent image. Congratulations again Lisa.
This is a photo of one of the four turrets in the Forbidden City with a symmetrical structure. It has witnessed the 600-year history of ancient to modern China, however brilliant or bloody. I would like show the beauty of very traditional Chinese architecture and the very decent history of China.
*Please see Terms and conditions.
31 August 2018, 23:59 UK Time
- All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
- Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
- Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes you idea
- Submission is limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
- You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image
- Submission deadline is 31 August 2018, 23:59 UK Time.