What is the Fashion Photography Course about?
An inspirational introduction to the artistic, fast-paced world of fashion photography, LIoP offers a fashion photography course from their London Shoreditch studio. This is an ideal course for any photography students who want to develop their skills in styling and image composition for the fashion industry.
Along with key photographic practices, fashion photography students will learn industry-specific techniques and gain practical experience vital for working in the studio for fashion publications.
The course covers various practical and technical skills expected of fashion photographers to prepare students for the world of professional photography after the course. With guidance from tutors working in the fashion industry, this course aims to hone students’ professional skills and employability to improve their chances of breaking into the industry.
You will learn a broad range of techniques to prepare you for working with studio lighting & studio equipment, then put them into practice for a major project where you will produce and direct your own photography studio fashion shoot to create a set of original fashion images to add to your body of work.
This is a 4-day course, full-time through the week and part-time over two weekends, taught by professionals fashion photographers whose works have been published in the likes of Vogue, 125 Magazine and GQ Magazine.
What will the Fashion Photography Course cover?
- Principles of light in Fashion Photography
- Lighting equipment & light shapers
- Measuring light through incident-light meters
- Backgrounds & props to use in Fashion Photography
- Using mood boards to create a brief
- Looking at current editorial styles and images by renowned fashion photographers
- Lighting techniques: background, key, fill & hair, as well as Rembrandt & Paramount/Butterfly
- Integrated digital post-production
- Standard lighting styles & studio set-ups
- Directing a fashion shoot, with a model, stylist and hair/make-up artist
For further information on the Fashion Photography Course, see our contact page for more details.
A good knowledge of the Beginners Photography and Intermediate Photography Course is required
4 Days / 20 Hours
Digital Camera (DSLR or Mirrorless) with Manual Exposure Mode
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Conduct your own fashion shoot
- Critique published fashion shots for light & camera set-up
- Use the principles of lighting to create different effects
- Lead a team of models, stylists & hair/make-up artists
- Build your own artistic or commercial portfolio from your shots
Lecturers are top photographers
“After completing the course, I have the most positive experience and I can recommend it everyone interested in the world of photography. The theoretical and practical teaching is interesting, proactive and full of challenges.
Every detail and part of the lesson is perfectly planned. Lecturers are top photographers with whom you will not be at a distance – they treat you as a member of a family. In LIoP we are all one big family of photo lovers.
The final part of the course was in a professional photo studio. Every student had a photo set with a professional model, stylist, makeup artist and hairdresser. Since I spent most of my business life in the TV studio, I can say that the last part of the course on the photo set is extremely professionally designed. I recommend all courses at LIoP and I know you will not make a mistake.”
12 September 2022 - 15 September 2022
17 October 2022 - 20 October 2022
21 November 2022 - 24 November 2022
09 January 2023 - 12 January 2023
1, 2, 8, 9 October 2022