What is the Beginners Photography course about?
A 2-day course: the first half of the full Foundation Photography Course. You’ll be focusing on broadening your creative skills by fully understanding the technical capability of your digital camera. A hands-on, project-led course held on weekdays or at weekends.
* With your booking confirmation you will receive a £50 voucher code valid for the Intermediate Photography Course.
What will the Beginners Photography course cover?
- Fundamentals of photography
- Camera resolution
- File formats (JPG, RAW)
- Lenses (focal lengths, macro, prime & zoom)
- Manual vs autofocus (focusing points, autofocus lock, single & continuous focus)
- Principles of exposure (exposure triangle & use of grey card)
- Manual exposure (ISO, shutter speeds, aperture)
- Metering modes (evaluative, partial, spot)
If you don’t own your own digital camera, you can hire a professional grade DSLR (Canon or Nikon) from us for £20/day. Simply contact us or email us with your requirements.
2 Days / 10 Hours
Digital Camera (DSLR or Mirrorless) with Manual Exposure Mode
By the end of the module students will:
- Master your camera in full manual mode
- Broaden your creative bandwidth by exploring the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, focal length and focus
- Express your creativity through strong images
15 November 2021 - 16 November 2021
29 November 2021 - 30 November 2021
03 January 2022 - 04 January 2022
17 January 2022 - 18 January 2022
07 February 2022 - 08 February 2022
21 February 2022 - 22 February 2022
14 March 2022 - 15 March 2022
28 March 2022 - 29 March 2022
18 April 2022 - 19 April 2022
30, 31 October 2021
20, 21 November 2021
11, 12 December 2021