COVID-19 updated: Open All Modules in person from Monday 8th March
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you hand over your hard-earned cash.
Why do you want a camera?
This might seem like a rather silly question but it is important to think about your end goal.
Here below are some questions to help you with your choice:
– Would your camera phone/a small compact camera work for you or do you need a DSLR?
– When will you use your camera? Is it for travelling, or for street photography? Would you be using it in a studio with a tripod or for photographing weddings?
– Is your camera for social media and blogging only or would you like it for printing large fine art prints and for making photo books?
– Do you want to enter competitions and show your photographs in a gallery? This might influence your decision to choose whether your camera’s sensor should be full frame or cropped.
– Are you using post-production or do you want to take your images in the camera ready to upload/print?
– How does the camera feel in your hands?
– Are the dials and buttons in convenient locations?
What’s your budget?